International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):116-119.
Originally published June 15, 2020.
We observed the immunologic status of clinically healthy women and women with tuboperitoneal infertility during the planning and first trimester of pregnancy. The markers of unsuccessful in vitro fertilization (IVF) attempts were also identified. No pathological anomalies were noted in the clinically healthy women before and after conception. The changes in the immune system of infertile women who underwent IVF were different from the women who had physiologic pregnancy. Identification of these changes could help to guide preventive measures while preparing for IVF and during the IVF procedure.
1. Safiullina SI, Kotova YN, Voroshilova ES, Ilizarova NA, Yagudina LSh, Vuimo TA. [The combination of polymorphisms of genes PAI-1 –675 5G > 4G, FXIII: Val34Leu G > T and ITGA2: 807 C > T in women with infertility can be considered as a predictor of failures of assisted reproductive technologies]. Tromboz, Gemostaz i Reologia. 2019;78(2): 51-63. [Article in Russian].
2. Sun D, Capucilli P, Jyonouchi S. Primary immunodeficiency considerations in assisted reproductive technology. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019 Jul 18. pii: S2213-2198(19)30625-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2019.07.008.
3. Ali SB, Jeelall Y, Pennell CE, Hart R, McLean-Tooke A, Lucas M. The role of immunological testing and intervention in reproductive medicine: A fertile collaboration? Am J Reprod Immunol. 2018 Mar;79(3). doi: 10.1111/aji.12784.
4. Smirnova TL, Portnova EV, Sergeeva VE. [Immunity and Pregnancy]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo Universiteta. 2009; 2: 79-85. [Article in Russian].
5. Amato G, Conte M, Mazziotti G, Lalli E, Vitolo G, Tucker AT, et al. Serum and follicular fluid cytokines in polycystic ovary syndrome during stimulated cycles. Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Jun;101(6):1177-82.
6. Fasouliotis SJ, Spandorfer SD, Witkin SS, Schattman G, Liu HC, Roberts JE, Rosenwaks Z. Maternal serum levels of interferon-gamma and interleukin-2 soluble receptor-alpha predict the outcome of early IVF pregnancies. Hum Reprod. 2004;19(6):1357-63.
7. Stepanova EO, Nikolaeva MA, Babayan AA, Smolnikova VYu, Vanko LV, Krechetova LV. [Role of regulatory T cells in the development of immune tolerance pregnancy]. Obstetrics and Gynecology (Moscow). 2013;(2): 24-28. [Article in Russian].
8. Kashtalyan OA, Pristrom MS. [Assessment of cytokine profile in pregnant women]. Cytokines and Inflammation. 2019; 2008 (4). [Article in Russian].
9. Solovyeva AS, Suprun SV, Yagupova AV, Efimenko MV. [Some indices of morphofunctional activity of lymphocytes in the peripheral blood of women with complicated pregnancy]. Bulletin Physiology and Pathology of Respiration. 2016; 61:84-90. [Article in Russian].
10. Guerin LR, Prins JR, Robertson SA. Regulatory T-cells and immune tolerance in pregnancy: a new target for infertility treatment? Hum Reprod Update. 2009 Sep-Oct;15(5):517-35. doi: 10.1093/humupd/dmp004.
11. Zhang H, Huang C, Chen X, Li L, Liu S, Li Yu, et al. The number and cytotoxicity and the expression of cytotoxicity-related molecules in peripheral natural killer (NK) cells do not predict the repeated implantation failure (RIF) for the in vitro fertilization patients. Genes & Diseases. 2019. Doi: 10.1016/j.gendis.2019.03.005.
12. Ryazantseva NV, Novitskiy VV, Belokon VV, Zima AP. [ Cytokines and antiviral immunity]. Uspekhi fisiologicheskih nauk. 2006; 37 (4): 34-44. [Article in Russian].
13. Chistyakova GN, Gazieva IA, Remezova II, Cherdantseva GA. [Assessment of cytokine profile during physiological and pathological pregnancy]. Cytokines and Inflammation. 2019; 2007 (1). [Article in Russian].
14. Mirzarahimova SJK, Nigmatshaeva HN, Yuldasheva OS. [Complications of pregnancy in the first trimester after assisted reproductive technologies]. Vestnik Nauki I Obrazovaniia. 2019;66(12-3):43-66. [Article in Russian].
15. Botasheva T; Victor Radzinskiy V, Khloponina A, Vasil’eva V, Zavodnov O, Zheleznyakova E, Sargsyan O. [Role of fetus sex in expression of angiogenic factors and supporting of citokine balance in maternal organism in physiological pregnancy and in placentary insufficiency.] Medical News of the North Caucasus. 2019; 14(2). [Article in Russian]. Doi: 10.14300/mnnc.2019.14079
Received December 5, 2019.
Accepted February 6, 2020.
©2020 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.