International Journal of Biomedicine. 2022;12(2):289-292.
Originally published June 5, 2022
Background: This article presents the results of an experimental study on the effect of hemostatic agents (Hemostatic collagen sponge, Tachocomb, Surgitamp and granular sorbent Molselect G-50) on the system regulating the aggregate state of the blood (SRASB) using piezoelectric thromboelastography (TEG).
Methods and Results: The study involved 18 healthy men aged between 21 and 43 years [29.0 (25.0-32.5) years] with normal indicators of the SRASB. In the first series of experiments, TEG of the blood was recorded without the addition of the test material (the control stage). At the second stage of the experiment, the hemostatic properties of the Hemostatic collagen sponge, Tachocomb, hemostatic gauze Surgitamp and granular sorbent Molselect G-50 were studied.
In vitro experimental studies to assess the effect of hemostatic agents and granular sorbent on the SRASB using piezoelectric TEG have shown that the use of Hemostatic collagen sponge, Tachocomb, Surgitamp, and the granular sorbent Molselect G-50 convincingly affects all links of the thrombosis process. However, Surgitamp and the granular sorbent Molselect G-50 show the greatest influence on such important indicators as TBC and MCD, which gives reason to conclude they are effective in clinical use in surgical practice.
- Zatevakhin II, Kiriyenko AI, Sazhina AV. Emergency abdominal surgery: A methodological guide for a practicing physician. Moscow: LLC "Medical Information Agency." 2018:488 pp. [In Russian].
- Evtikhov AV, Loving caustic VL. [Clinical observations of severe traumatic liver injuries]. Pirogov Russian Journal of Surgery. 2020;7:89-92. doi: 10.17116/hirurgia202007189. [Article in Russian].
- Sigua B V, Zemlyanoi V P, Dyukov AK. [Combined and isolated abdominal injury with liver damage]. Vestnik Khirurgii imeni I. I. Grekova.2015;174(1):9-15. [Article in Russian].
- Maskin S, Alexandrov V, Matyukhin V, Parovatkin MI. [Multi-stage surgical treatment of combined closed abdominal injury: standardization of the approach]. Russian Sklifosovsky Journal of Emergency Medical Care. 2020;9(4):626–638. [Article in Russian].
- Chernaya NR, Muslimov R Sh, Selina I E, Kokov LS, Vladimirova EU, Novruzbekov MS, Gulyaev VA. [Endovascular and surgical treatment of a patient with traumatic rupture of the aorta and hepatic artery]. Angiology and Vascular surgery. 2016;22(1):176-181. [Article in Russian].
- Iida A, Ryuko T, Kemmotsu M, Ishii H, Naito H, Nakao A. Three-year-old traumatic liver injury patient treated successfully using transcatheter arterial embolization. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2020;70:205-208. doi: 10.1016/j.ijscr.2020.04.036.
- Kanani A, Sandve KO, Søreide K. Management of severe liver injuries: push, pack, pringle - and plug! Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2021 Jul 14;29(1):93. doi: 10.1186/s13049-021-00907-0.
- Vorontsov AK, Troshin VP, Parkhisenko YuA, Korsakov AV, Klimashevich AV. [Evaluation of the effectiveness of the use of gel sorbents in the blood for traumatic liver injuries]. News of Higher Educational Institutions. Volga Region. Medical Sciences. 2020;1(53):39-49. [Article in Russian].
- Timoshenkova A V, Kuzmin M V, Katanov EU. [Evaluation of the static properties of modern topical hemostatic agents used in liver surgery]. Perm Medical Journal. 2018;.35(1):102-107. doi: 10.17816/pmj351102-107.[Article in Russian].
- Barannikov SV, Cherednikov EF, Yuzefovich IS; Mehantjeva LE, Filev IF, Maleev YuV, Ovsyannikov ES, Maslova VA. A Study of the Influence of New Generation Granulated Sorbents on the Processes Regulating the Aggregate State of the Blood with the Use of Piezoelectric Thromboelastography. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2021;11(3):286-290. doi:10.21103/ Article11(3)_OA6
- Cherednikov EF, Glukhov AA, Romantsov MN, Maleev YuV, Barannikov SV, Shkurina IA, Vysotskaya AT, Ovsyannikov ES. Hemostatic agents in combination with diovine for local treatment of simulated bleeding gastric ulcers. International Journal of Biomedicine.2020;10(2):138-141. doi: 10.21103/Article10(2)_OA10
- Shaydakov ME, Sigmon DF, Blebea J. Thromboelastography. 2021 Apr 20. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan–. PMID: 30725746
- Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Zhdanov AI, Moshurov IP, Polubkova GV, Maleev YuV, Ovsyannikov ES, Myachina DS. Combimed use of biologically active hemostatic and granulated sorbent in endoscopic cytoprotective hemostasis in patients with bleeding gastroduodenal ulcers. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):129-132. doi: 10.21103/Article10(2)_OA8
- Cherednikov E F, Chernyh AV, Maleev YuV, Popov AV, Stekolnikov VV. [Topographical and anatomical prerequisites for the development of Mallory-Weiss syndrome]. Bulletin of the Russian Military Medical Academy.2015;(S2):153-154. [Article in Russian].
- Budnevsky AV, Cherednikov ЕF, Popov AV, Ovsyannikov ES, Kravchenko AY, Fursov KO. A Complex Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevention Gastro-duodenal Bleeding in Patients of General Hospital. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(3):204-207. doi: 10.21103/Article7(3)_OA8
- Cherednikov ЕF, Budnevsky AV, Popov AV, Fursov KO. A new opinion on gastroduodenal bleeding preventon in patients with somatic pathology. The EPMA Journal. 2017;8(S1):46.
Received March 31, 2022.
Accepted May 5, 2022.
©2022 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.