International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(2):147-149.
Originally published June 15, 2018
The article presents a pilot study on the assessment of functional activity of pituitary-thyroid system (PTS) in adolescents as a factor of long-term adaptation to life in the North. The study included 864 adolescents of different ethnic groups (the Russians, the Yakuts, the Evenks, the Evens, the Dolgans, the Chukchi, the Yukagir) and found that PTS functional activity varies according to ethnicity.
- Danilova GI. Endemic goiter in children of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Abstract of PhD Thesis. M.; 1999. [In Russian].
- Selyatitskaya VG, Pal’chikova NA, Kuz’minova OI, Novoselova TI. [The study of the provision of the body with iodine and the assessment of hormonal status in the risk group for thyroid diseases among employees of industrial enterprises in the city of Mirny]. Proceedings of the All-Russia scientific conference «North-man: problems of health preservation.» Krasnoyarsk; 2001:217-219. [In Russian].
- Savchenkov MF, Selyatitskaya VG, Kolesnikov SI, Bashirova GI, Brovina FY, Zacharenko RV, et al. Iodine and health of the population of Siberia. Novosibirsk: Nauka; 2002. [In Russian].
- Zakharenko RV, P’yankova YeYu, Luz’yanina GA, Sirotina BZ. [Iodine deficiency disorders in the Khabarovsk Territory: the incidence of goitre among schoolchildren in Khabarovsk and Komsomolsk-on-Amur]. Proceedings of the scientific conference “A teenager at the turn of the century.” Khabarovsk; 2001:12-13. [In Russian].
- Stroyev YU, Churilov LP. Endocrinology of adolescents. In: Zaychik ASh, editor. SPb.: ELBI-SPb; 2004. [In Russian].
- Kaznacheyev VP. Essays on the theory and practice of human ecology. M.: Nauka;1983. [In Russian].
- Minin VV. Features of vegetative and endocrine functions of urban and rural schoolchildren of pubertal age. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Novosibirsk; 2000. [In Russian].
- Domin VF. [The importance of unfavorable environmental factors in the formation of children's pathology]. Pediatriia. 1995;(3):98-101. [Article in Russian].
- Anderson GM, Connors JM, Hardy SL, Valent M, Goodman RL. Thyroid hormones mediate steroid-independent seasonal changes in luteinizing hormone pulsatility in the ewe. Biol Reprod. 2002;66(3):701-6. PubMed
- Kozlov VK. Health of children and adolescents in the Far East. Novosibirsk: SB RAMS;2003. [In Russian].
Received April 3, 2018.
Accepted April 26, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.