International Journal of Biomedicine. 2019;9(3):202-204.
Originally published September 15, 2019
Results of this study present the features of the severity of coronary atherosclerosis, evaluated by the Gensini score, depending on the use of statins. Differences in indicators of oxidative stress, inflammation and endothelial dysfunction are revealed. In addition, the study established the relationship between statin intake and studied biomarkers and revealed the features of changes in the studied markers, depending on the achievement of the target levels of total cholesterol and LDL-C.
- Ragino YuI, Chernyavskij AM, Eremenko NV, Shakhtshnejder EV, Polonskaya YaV, Tsimbal SYu, Ivanova MV, Voevoda MI. [Key laboratory diagnostic biomarkers of coronary atherosclerosis]. Kardiologiia. 2011;51(3): 42-6. [Article in Russian].
- Vertkin AL, Topolyanskij AV. [The problem of hyperhomocysteinemia in cardiac patients]. Farmateka. 2007;15:10-14. [Article in Russian].
- L'vovskaya EI, Sahankova EN. [The ratio of levels of lipid peroxidation and oxidative modification of proteins in students 17-23 years (Kungur)]. Vestnik YUrGU. 2012; 21: 112-116. [Article in Russian].
- Musthafa QA, Abdul Shukor MF, Ismail NAS, Mohd Ghazi A, Mohd Ali R, M Nor IF, et al. Oxidative status and reduced glutathione levels in premature coronary artery disease and coronary artery disease. Free Radic Res. 2017;51(9-10):787-798. doi: 10.1080/10715762.2017.1379602.
- Tian J, Gu X, Sun Y, Ban X, Xiao Y, Hu S, Yu B. Effect of statin therapy on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012;12:70. doi: 10.1186/1471-2261-12-70.6.
- Diagnostics and correction of lipid metabolism disorders in order to prevent and treat atherosclerosisю Russian recommendations VI revision. The Journal of Atherosclerosis and Dyslipidemias.2017;3:5-23.[in Russian].
- Blankstein R, Budoff MJ, Shaw LJ, Goff DC Jr, Polak JF, Lima J, et al. Predictors of coronary heart disease events among asymptomatic persons with low low-density lipoprotein cholesterol MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58(4):364-74. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2011.01.055.8.
- Kones R. Molecular sources of residual cardiovascular risk, clinical signals, and innovative solutions: relationship with subclinical disease, undertreatment, and poor adherence: implications of new evidence upon optimizing cardiovascular patient outcomes. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2013;9:617-70. doi: 10.2147/VHRM.S37119.
- Fruchart JC, Davignon J, Hermans MP, Al-Rubeaan K, Amarenco P, Assmann G; Residual Risk Reduction Initiative (R3i). Residual macrovascular risk in 2013: what have we learned? Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2014;13:26. doi: 10.1186/1475-2840-13-26.10.
- National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation. 2002;106(25):3143-421.
- Dallmeier D, Koenig W. Strategies for vascular disease prevention: the role of lipids and related markers including apolipoproteins, low-density lipoproteins (LDL)-particle size, high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA₂) and lipoprotein(a) (Lp(a)). Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;28(3):281-94. doi: 10.1016/j.beem.2014.01.003.
- Gensini GG. A more meaningful scoring system for determining the severity of coronary heart disease. Am J Cardiol. 1983;51(3):606.
- Dubinina EE, Burmistrov SO, Khodov DA, Porotov IG. [Oxidative modification of human serum proteins. A method of determining it].Vopr Med Khim. 1995;41(1):24-6. [Article in Russian]..
Received July 9, 2019.
Accepted August 3, 2019.
©2019 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.