¹The Republican Specialized Scientific - Practical Medical Centre of Therapy and Medical Rehabilitation, Tashkent, Uzbekistan; ²Tashkent Medical Academy, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Umida K. Kamilova, PhD, ScD. The Republican Specialized Scientific - Practical Medical Centre of Therapy and Medical Rehabilitation; Tashkent, Uzbekistan. E-mail: email@example.com
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of carvedilol on β2-adrenoceptor density and AC activity in erythrocyte membranes of post-MI patients with CHF (NYHA FC I-III). The study included 56 post-MI male patients aged from 45 to 55 years (mean age 51.2±4.6) with CHF FCII-III. All the patients were divided into two groups according to the New York Heart Classification (NYHA) functional class (FC). Group 1 consisted of 30 post-MI patients with CHF FC-II and Group 2 consisted of 26 post-MI patients with CHF-III. The β2-adrenoceptor density in erythrocyte membranes was determined using β-APM-AGAT kits. The adenylyl cyclase activity in red blood cells homogenate was determined according to the method of Y. Salomon (1979). All patients received carvedilol on the background of basic therapy. In post-MI patients with CHF FC I-III, the increased β2-adrenoceptor density was accompanied by desensitization of the adenylate cyclase system, which was more pronounced in patients of Group 2. Long-term therapy with carvedilol reduced the β2-adrenoceptor density and increased the adenylate cyclase activity in erythrocyte membranes of post-Mi patients with CHF FCII-III.
- Gheorghiade M, Vaduganathan M, Fonarow GC, Bonow RO. Rehospitalization for heart failure: problems and perspectives. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013; 61(4):391-403.
- Rocchiccioli JP, McMurray JJ, Dominiczak AF. Biomarkers in heart failure: a clinical review. Heart Fail Rev 2010; 15(4): 251-73.
- Ho D, Yan L, Iwatsubo K, Vatner DE, Vatner SF. Modulation of beta-adrenergic receptor signaling in heart failure and longevity: targeting adenylyl cyclase type 5. Heart Fail Rev 2010;15(5):495-512.
- Ungerer M, Weig HJ, Kübert S, Overbeck M, Bengel F, Schömig A, et al. Regional pre- and postsynaptic sympathetic system in the failing human heart – regulation of beta АРК-1. Eur J Heart Failure 2000; 2(1):23-31.
- Ageev FE, Arutyunov GP, Belenkov YN. Chronic heart failure. M .: GEOTAR-Media; 2010..
- Cleland JG, Pennell DJ, Ray SG, Coats AJ, Macfarlane PW, Murray GD, et al. Myocardial viability as a determinant of the ejection fraction response to carvedilol in patients with heart failure (CHRISTMAS trial): randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2003; 362(9377):14–21.
- Salomon Y. Adenylate cyclase assay. Adv Cyclic Nucleotide Res 1979; 10:35-55.
- Singh K, Communal C, Sawyer DB, Colucci WS. Adrenergic regulation of myocardial apoptosis. Cardiovas Res 2000; 45(3):713-9.
- Lai NC, Tang T, Gao MH, Saito M, Takahashi T, Roth DM. et al., Activation of Cardiac Adenylyl Cyclase Expression Increases Function of the failing ischemic heart in mice. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 51(15): 1490–7.
- Chen J, Levin LR, Buck J. Role of soluble adenylyl cyclase in the heart. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2012; 302(3): H538–43.
- Knight WE, Yan C. Cardiac cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases: function, regulation, and therapeutic prospects. Horm Metab Res 2012; 44(10): 766–75.
- Huang H, Wang H, Figueiredo-Pereira ME. Regulating the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway via cAMP-signaling: neuroprotective potential. Cell Biochem Biophys 2013; 67(1):55–66.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
IJBM 2014; 4(4) Suppl 1:S31-S33. © 2014 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.