International Journal of Biomedicine. 2022;12(2):265-268.
Originally published June 5, 2022
The aim of the study was to estimate the features of dehydration structuring of saliva in untrained people.
Methods and Results: The study included 35 untrained students (Group 1) and 38 people who regularly exercise (Group 2), who do not have any chronic diseases. The mean age of participants was 17-18 years. The crystallogenic activity and initiatory potential were evaluated for each sample of biological fluid. The crystallization of mixed saliva was studied using the method of classical crystalloscopy, and the initiating properties were studied by the method of comparative tezigraphy. A 0.9% sodium chloride solution was used as the base substance in the tezigraphic test.
The conducted crystalloscopic studies have demonstrated significant differences in the crystallogenic and initiating properties of mixed saliva in people who regularly engage in physical training, compared with untrained individuals. They manifest themselves in a significant qualitative and quantitative transformation of the crystalloscopic picture of the biological fluid, including single-crystalline and dendritic components, as well as in the representation of amorphous bodies in micro-preparations of the biological medium. In the tezigraphic test, it was found that the initiatory potential of mixed saliva also undergoes significant shifts. These shifts are realized in the activation of the initiating ability of biological fluid and optimization of textural characteristics of tezigrams (reduction of cellular density and increase in uniformity) in combination with a decrease in the degree of destruction of structural picture elements and a moderate expansion of the marginal zone of micro-preparations.
- Baranov VM, Bayevsky PM, Berseneva AP, Mikhailov VM. [Assessment of the adaptive capabilities of the body and the tasks of improving the efficiency of healthcare]. Human Ecology 2004;6: 25-29. [Article in Russian].
- Bykov EV, Kolomiets OI. [Improvement of methods of control over the training process on the basis of modern information technologies]. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture 2016;5:59-61. [Article in Russian].
- Kolomiets OI, Petrushkina NP, Bykov EV. Features of metabolic adaptive changes during various physical activities. Nauka. Innovation. Technologies 2017;1:207-216. [Article in Russian].
- Mishchenko IA, Kashkarov VA. [Control of the peculiarities of adaptation of highly qualified taekwondo athletes to training loads in the conditions of the middle mountains]. Physical Culture and Health 2015;4:56-61. [Article in Russian].
- Norton K, Norton L, Sadgrove D. Position statement on physical activity and exercise intensity terminology. J Sci Med Sport. 2010 Sep;13(5):496-502. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2009.09.008.
- Thompson D, Karpe F, Lafontan M, Frayn K. Physical activity and exercise in the regulation of human adipose tissue physiology. Physiol Rev. 2012 Jan;92(1):157-91. doi: 10.1152/physrev.00012.2011.
- Mendes MA, da Silva I, Ramires V, Reichert F, Martins R, Ferreira R, Tomasi E. Metabolic equivalent of task (METs) thresholds as an indicator of physical activity intensity. PLoS One. 2018 Jul 19;13(7):e0200701. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0200701.
- Martusevich AK, Bocharin IV, Karuzin KA, et al. Comprehensive assessment of structural and metabolic peculiarities of blood plasma in highly qualified. Journal Physical Education and Sport. 2022;22(1):160-166. [Article in Russian].
- Martusevich AK, Karuzin KA, Bocharin IV, Surovegina AV. Monitoring the effectiveness of personalized metabolic correction in athletes using biocrystallomics techniques. International Journal of Biology and Biomedical Engineering. 2022;16:175-178.
- Baevskiĭ RM, Berseneva AP, Bersenev EIu, Eshmanova AK. [Use of principles of prenosological diagnosis for assessing the functional state of the body under stress conditions as exemplified by bus drivers]. Fiziol Cheloveka. 2009 Jan-Feb;35(1):41-51. [Article in Russian].
- Moghetti P, Bacchi E, Brangani C, Donà S, Negri C. Metabolic Effects of Exercise. Front Horm Res. 2016;47:44-57. doi: 10.1159/000445156.
- Neufer PD. The Bioenergetics of Exercise. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2018 May 1;8(5):a029678. doi: 10.1101/cshperspect.a029678.
- Kokornaczyk MO, Bodrova NB, Baumgartner S. Diagnostic tests based on pattern formation in drying body fluids - A mapping review. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2021 Dec;208:112092. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2021.112092.
- Jordanishvili AK. [Oral liquid adult: age peculiarities of the physicochemical properties and micro crystallization.]. Adv Gerontol. 2019;32(3):477-482. [Article in Russian].
- Pancu G, Lăcătuşu S, Căruntu ID, Iovan G, Ghiorghe A. Evaluarea activităţii bolii carioase cu ajutorul indicelui de microcristalizare salivară [Evaluation of caries activity using the micro-crystallization saliva index (IMK)]. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2006 Jan-Mar;110(1):206-11. [Article in Romanian].
- Martusevich AK, Kamakin NF. [Unified algorithm of study of free and initiated biological fluid crystallogenesis]. Klin Lab Diagn. 2007 Jun;(6):21-4. [Article in Russian].
Received February 18, 2022.
Accepted April 3, 2022.
©2022 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.